The Month of Shawwal and Six Days of Fasting

Fasting in Shawwal
Our Beloved Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) stated that:

“Whoever fasts in the month of Ramadan, and then follows it by (fasting) six days of Shawwal, it is as though he has fasted the whole year.” (Reported by Ahmad, Muslim, Abu Dawud and At-Tirmidhi)

Usama (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated about fasting in Shawwal that: “He used to fast in the haram (forbidden) months. Messenger of Allah told him: “Observe your fast in the month of Shawwal. Thereafter he left fasting in the forbidden months. Besides, he never left fasting in Shawwal till his death.” (Ibn-i Maja)

Sufyan Sawree (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated about the importance of fasting in Shawwal that:
“I have dwelled in Makkah al-Mukarramah for three years. A Meccan used to come to Haram al-Sharif, circumambulate the Kaaba, perform prayer and thereafter give salutations to me and leave. Then, I met him. One day he called me and said: “When I die, you yourself wash me, perform my prayer and bury me. That night, don’t leave me and spend the night in my grave. Inspire me “tawhid” (oneness of Allah) at the time of the questions of Munkar and Nakir. I accepted to do his wills and did as he said. I spent the night in his grave.

That night, when I was in a half awake half asleep state I heard a voice saying “O Sufyan! I don’t need your protection and your inspiration any more. “I asked: “How did you reach this blessing?”

He replied me: “This blessing is because I performed my Ramadan fasting and added six days from Shawwal.” At that time I woke up.

I couldn’t see anyone by me. I took wudhu, prayed, slept; in this way I saw (the same dream) three times. (So) I knew that this is not a satanic dream, it is a divine dream. Then I left the grave and prayed:

“O my Lord! Make me succeed in fasting in the holy month of Ramadan and the six days of the month of Shawwal.” Allah (swt) made me succeed. ” Amin!

(source: http://askaquestionto.us/question-answer/blessed-days/importance-of-fasting-in-the-month-of-shawwal)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails